A versatile large bore instrument, the Q30GA features the clarity of sound and projection for which S.E. Shires instruments are famed. The QTY bell features an 8½-inch, two-piece, hand-hammered “QI” taper in yellow brass with soldered bead, giving this trombone a clear, singing tone with excellent projection and clarity.
The wide, .547 bore handslide in standard weight yellow brass results in a broad sound that retains clarity, color and projection. Paired with a nickel handslide crook, articulations are crisp and brilliant. The axial-flow valve features an extremely open low register paired with a broad, encompassing tone quality in all registers. At home in any ensemble, the Q30GA large bore trombone is an excellent choice for any trombonist.
• QTY bell: 8½-inch, two-piece, hand-hammered “QI” taper in lightweight gold brass with soldered bead
• Axial-flow F valve
• QW47 handslide: .547-inch, standard-weight yellow brass; nickel-silver wide crook
• QY tuning slide
• Three interchangeable yellow-brass leadpipes (1, 2, 3)
• Bell engraving: S.E. Shires makers mark, model designation, and traditional floral pattern
• Includes Q Series tenor trombone case, mouthpiece, and care kit